Rewards - How it works
The node rewards are calculated considering two parameters:
- Quantity of the lease
- Lease duration
Once a day (at 00:00 UTC) the leases of the node are extracted from the WAVES platform and can be consulted on the LEASES STATS page. On Friday of each week the rewards are paid based on the lease weight.
The lease weight is calculated by multiplying the lease amount (present at Friday extraction) by its duration (expressed in blocks height at the moment of payment calculation).
This means that:
- More waves are lent and more money you will earn
- The longer the lease lasts and the more money you will earn
ATTENTION: dividends will be paid if the addresses, with their leases, will reach the minimum threshold of 0.0005 WAVES (transaction fee)
Let's take a practical example:
We are on Friday and 100 waves has been assigned to the node as fees rewards. 90 waves will be distributed to leasers based on their lease weight.
- Fees Rewards: 90 waves
- Number of leases present at Friday: 3
- Blockchain height: 1.670.000
These are the leases at the moment of calculation:
|1||Address 1||1 100||1 669 000||1 000||1 100 000|
|2||Address 2||100||1 669 660||340||34 000|
|3||Address 3||50 000||1 669 900||100||5 000 000|
Total lease weight: 6 134 000
Now we can calculate the rewards for each leaser:
- Leaser 1: 90 * (1 100 000 / 6 134 000) => 16,13955 Waves
- Leaser 2: 90 * (34 000 / 6 134 000) => 0,49885 Waves
- Leaser 3: 90 * (5 000 000 / 6 134 000) => 73,36159 Waves